9/22/11

Laboring River

I was literally in labor with River for 6 days! Contractions came on strong and steady and at other times slowed down. I was admitted and released from the hospital three times during those 6 long days and I don't believe that I slept even a wink during the last three. At the beginning River had a hand in the way so it would have been risky to progress labor unnaturally. So yes this unhappy momma had no pain meds on the long journey from 3 centimeters to 7-8 centimeters over a period of 5 days. The whole time River was a champ and withstood labor very well! It felt like we were never going to meet him, and it was heart breaking each time we left the hospital without him in his car seat! Finally at exactly 37 weeks pregnant, having no sleep for 3 days, and 7-8 centimeters dilated they broke my water and let me have an epidural. And then it was a short few hours until we were ready to push! During this long almost week of labor, Laken hung out with Grandma and Grandpa Breen at our house. Here are a few pictures of us leaving the house for one of our many hospital stays that week;) The last pictures of River in the womb!

No comments:

Post a Comment