7/25/11

Birthday Letters to Laken

Sweet Laken,
I am so incredibly blessed to have been chosen as your mother. The past year has been the most sacred, meaningful, and special year of my life! I am so glad that you decided to join your Dad and I's life. You have been the twinkle in our eyes since 2:13 am this day last year. I never want to forget your 1st sweet little cry, the way your hair smells of lavender after a bath, the curls you have at the base of your neck, that silly smile you have been dazzling us with since the first week, the way you giggle and the whole world stops, the sweet sticky smell of your hands after a long day of playing, the way your head feels on my shoulder, your baby breathe on my neck, the first time that you reached for me, those chubby kissable cheeks, your squeals of excitement when you see new things, your adventurous nature, and most of all the look of love and complete trust in your eyes that let's me know that this is what life is all about. Happy birthday sweet little girl.....I can not wait to see what the next year holds for you! Love you, Mom

Baby Lakers,
I am so fortunate to have you in my life. I never knew I would love something or someone as much as I love you. It has one year already but it feels more like a month since you were born. Everyday and every week has brought something new and exciting. I am now that guy that whips out his phone to show off pictures of my favorite baby girl. I am excited to see what the next year brings and really looking forward to you meeting your little baby brother very soon. Although you are much too small to be a big sister, I know you will be an amazing sibling :) Happy Birthday Baby Girl! Love, Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment